Why would an organization use a PIM system?
There are probably already various databases and sources in which product information is stored: an ERP system, an e-commerce platform, an image database, and Excel files. That’s exactly where the challenge lies. How do you keep track of product information when it is stored in a large number of different systems? A PIM solution can help to organize product information.
Do you recognize one or more of the following challenges?
- Loss of turnover due to a large number of returns due to incorrect information about products.
- Product data in catalogs is illogical.
- Loss of revenue because others put our products on marketplaces.
- Competitors have had their collections online before.
- It takes too long to introduce new products.
- We are copying product data half the time.
- Our product is online in 5 different ways.
- It takes 6 systems and 10 people to get a product online.
- Product information is in several systems.
Then it is time to think about a solution. A PIM solution.
A Product Information Management System
All information that is available with regard to a product is (automatically) collected in the PIM. Think of sources like data pools, ERP systems, or Excel files. This information supplements with marketing content such as product descriptions and images. By collecting all content about a product in one system, there is one source within the organization that has the only correct and complete product information. It provides complete information and a uniform product experience in all channels.
A selection of the benefits of a Product Information Management (PIM) solution:
- One central source for product information; Just one more system that contains the Single Source of Truth.
- Uniform product experience in all channels;
- Lower costs by working more efficiently; Different departments work perfectly together in the same system: Marketers, Photographers, DTP-ers, Product Owners, and Data Managers. Any employee can perform his or her tasks on a product.
- Accelerate the time-to-market; By setting up workflows within the PIM solution, new products can be online with all relevant product information within a day. New sales channels can be connected quickly.
- Publish complete information thanks to data validation;
- Extensive product information = fewer returns; More complete product information gives a customer a better picture of the product, which means that products will be returned less quickly.
- Channel-specific assortment management possible;
- Easily publish to different marketplaces, data pools, and web shops;
- More sales through cross-selling and up-selling.
Want to learn more about PIM?
If you have any questions regarding Product Information Management, from PIM Selection to Implementation or how a PIM would fit in your IT landscape? Feel free to browse our Knowledge Base of articles on everything PIM related.Visit our Knowledge Base